Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires

dummy_at_home.com
Date: 06/24/04

Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 02:19:07 GMT

I used a pre-packaged interface card for Fisher Delta-V and field
hardware from peperyl-fuchs. The valves didn't cost any more with ASI
vs solenoids and limit switches. The other expense was the repeater
for long distance ~$500

On 22 Jun 2004 14:58:31 -0700, bushie_40@hotmail.com (Paul W.) wrote:

>Any idea what it would cost per node to implemented ASI, and how complex is it?
>
>Now sure how much the ASI chips cost. Siemens makes them I think.
>
>Paul
>
>dummy@home.com wrote in message news:<eoj9d0lsc3bss4iofusvlvitvtmknql8mi@4ax.com>...
>> Just my opinion, but AS-i works great and is easy to set up. I just
>> have one node, my first trial. 12 valves, solenoid operated with open
>> and close proximity switches, one repeater.
>>
>> On 19 Jun 2004 07:04:41 -0700, bushie_40@hotmail.com (Paul W.) wrote:
>>
>> >Hi Guys,
>> >
>> >I'm in the process of implementing some simple control nodes (just
>> >switches) and looking for the simplest (cheapest) network protocol to
>> >use. To date, LIN bus seems to be the best candidate. I need very
>> >low speed, high reliability and low off-board distance (a few up to
>> >10s of feet).
>> >
>> >Ideally, something that could be two wire with power and data combined
>> >would be ideal, so that the power could be distributed to power the
>> >slave nodes. LIN is good, but it requires a 4 wire (or 3 I suppose)
>> >interface.
>> >
>> >I looked at ASI (Acuator Sensor Interface), but not sure how practical
>> >it is.
>> >
>> >Anything else on the radar screen?
>> >
>> >Paul

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires
    ... The valves didn't cost any more with ASI ... vs solenoids and limit switches. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires
    ... The valves didn't cost any more with ASI ... >vs solenoids and limit switches. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Single chip decoder/power-driver
    ... Currently the solution is to cable the solenoids individually ... Since there will be thousands of these, cost will be an issue. ... If you choose a micro with built in ethernet, you could do this single chip + power mosfet. ... Then, assign a private ip address of your own choosing to each node, or even encapsulate your own protocol into the basic frame. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Winter service
    ... soaring vacation so I purchased a generic Winter ASI. ... (way less than half the cost of my generic spare). ... scratching and obscene rates to get bank draft in Euros, ... and sent them for no fees other than the currency exchange rate. ...
    (rec.aviation.soaring)
  • Solenoid Saga
    ... Solenoids get where they can stick now and then. ... No more than they cost why ... not replace it and expect to boat trouble free for a while? ... Don Dando ...
    (rec.boats)