[Q] avr-gcc and calling convention

From: 42Bastian Schick (bastian42_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/24/05

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:10:29 GMT

Hi

I am starting to port our RTOS to AVR using avr-gcc ( later surely
IAR, ImageCraft).

Currently I am confused about the calling convention. The AVR-lib
document says:

r2-r17 are callee saved
r18-27 are caller saved
r25-r8 are the parameters left to right

Does this mean, I must preserve the parameter values in r17-r8 ?

TIA

--
42Bastian
Do not email to bastian42@yahoo.com, it's a spam-only account :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AVR compilers
    ... >CodeVision C for AVR ... We have both CodeVision and avr-gcc. ... CVAVR makes things extremely easy -- it'll write your initialization ... libraries for common tasks like LCD interface, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Gcc Tools for AVR Studio
    ... > There is a new gcc distribution on the Atmel Website for avr ... > controller. ... > Elf/Dwarf parser component for AVR Studio. ... It looks very like the avr-gcc tools that have been ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: CCITT in C++ for AVR
    ... > programming so forgive any mistakes I make. ... > available for such microcontrollers (AVR etc). ... the most common library used with avr-gcc. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • calling convention used by the avr-gcc compiler
    ... I want to know about the calling convention used by the avr-gcc ... compiler. ... Can anyone please refer any document or manual where I can ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)