generic microprocessor interface?

yingchunh_at_yahoo.com
Date: 02/09/05

Date: 9 Feb 2005 10:08:05 -0800

I am told to design a generic microprocessor interface for a ASIC chip.
 Since I am not familiar with what types/modes of microprocessor are
most popular, I don't know how generic I can reach.

I am aware of there are synchronous/asychronous modes, separate or mux
address/data modes. But I notice there are so many different families
and series. Would somebody point me some typical families of
Microprocessor or even its datasheet?

Thanks,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: generic microprocessor interface?
    ... > I am told to design a generic microprocessor interface for a ASIC chip. ... > Since I am not familiar with what types/modes of microprocessor are ... But I notice there are so many different families ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: generic microprocessor interface?
    ... > I am told to design a generic microprocessor interface for a ASIC chip. ... But I notice there are so many different families ... Byte Lane Enables ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: generic microprocessor interface?
    ... > Since I am not familiar with what types/modes of microprocessor are ... But I notice there are so many different families ... Chip select, active low. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: generic microprocessor interface?
    ... >I am told to design a generic microprocessor interface for a ASIC chip. ... But I notice there are so many different families ... Most microprocessors and microcontrollers have an SPI interface. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: generic microprocessor interface?
    ... >> I am told to design a generic microprocessor interface for a ... >> microprocessor are most popular, I don't know how generic I ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)