PPC 405 in Virtex 2 Pro 30-Turning off "Critical-word first" loads

From: Nju Njoroge (njoroge_at_stanford.edu)
Date: 02/18/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 15:06:30 -0800

Hello,

I'm trying to disable "Critical-word first" loads for cache loads. That
is, when the cache is performing a cache refill, it first loads the target
data from memory, then loads the remaining words in the cacheline from
memory--all as part of a burst transaction. I'm looking for a way to
disable this type of cache fill. Instead, I would like the cache to load
the cacheline starting from the base address of the cacheline. Any one
tried this before? The reference guide claims that the PLB memory
controller can send back the data in the order it desires
(http://www.xilinx.com/bvdocs/userguides/ppc_ref_guide.pdf, page 146).
However, in reality, when my PLB slave pcore sends back the data in order
of ascending addresses, the processor assumes that I sent it back the
target data first, so it uses the wrong word.

Thanks,

NN

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PPC 405 in Virtex 2 Pro 30-Turning off "Critical-word first" loads
    ... See the PPC processor block manual for more detail. ... > is, when the cache is performing a cache refill, it first loads the target ... > the cacheline starting from the base address of the cacheline. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Troubleshoot Stalled Web Page
    ... E.g. do you see that if you open the page using your keyboard instead ... The page sometimes loads the top graphic, ... As I mentioned, after clearing the cache, I get different results each visit ... TIF Cache opens 7 sub-folders every time. ...
  • Re: Motorists stranded again!
    ... > Fod wrote: ... It just loads the titles only and when I open a post it only ... mode (which seems to be the only usable way to view posts in google). ... Certainly you don't have to clear you cache but you still download more ...
    (uk.transport)
  • Re: Any ideas on this problem
    ... It really sounds like a problem with the IE cache. ... First visit the page is not in the cache and loads at the ... Tools, Internet Options, under "Temporary Internet Files" ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Business Entity Hierarchy OO question
    ... create a query that will pull the exact data you need. ... The more you cache, the less you have to go to the database (over ... loads most of the tables upon first reference (because they're small, ...