MSP430 USB-FET programming doesn't work

From: Joerg (notthisjoergsch_at_removethispacbell.net)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:34:26 GMT

Hello All,

This is a topic I discussed with others on the Yahoo forum. Even after
heeding their advice such as reloading IAR Kickstart and other things I
still can't load any code. The debugger responds: "Failure to initialize
device". That's it, no detailed info coming back. Tried it with several
targets. With and without target power.

I still have to see what the FET probe is doing, going after it with
scope and logic analyzer but I was wondering: Has anyone else had this
problem? Maybe you have found what causes it?

Here is what I am using:

IAR Kickstart V3.21 (as downloaded from TI a few days ago)
FET430UIF (The USB programming adapter from TI)
430F1232 header boards (Olimex)

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com