Low cost TCP/IP platform

From: Gavin Jacobs (notasnoball_at_inhell.com)
Date: 02/20/05

Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:58:09 GMT

I'm about to do some work with UPnP. The platform I need is described below. Any suggestions?

The specs are:
a) Any small embedded microprocessor c/w a multitasking OS and a TCP/IP stack
b) 10BaseT Ethernet interface
c) A few discrete I/O and a 1Wire interface for the Dallas temperature sensor

The development specs are:
i) Any free or open source compiler (C preferred, but will consider C++ or Java)
ii) Open source UPnP stack (SSDP, GENA, HTTP, etc.)

So far, I have found several possible hardware platforms. They are:

Modtronix (http://www.modtronix.com).
PIC micro, Ethernet, TCP/IP all for about $60.
Good price, but doesn't appear to have a multitasking OS.

Gumstix (http://www.gumstix.com)
CPU, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and Linux for about $160

TINI (http://www.maxim-ic.com/TINIplatform.cfm)
CPU, Ethernet, TCP/IP, and OS for about $110

Gavin

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Embedded Ethernet platforms -- your view
    ... platform and tools for a new project. ... Ethernet router in an existing system, ... traffic (TCP/IP) and forward the rest. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Low cost TCP/IP platform
    ... The platform I need is described below. ... > b) 10BaseT Ethernet interface ... > The development specs are: ... > PIC micro, Ethernet, TCP/IP all for about $60. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Umstieg von CAN auf Ethernet zur Visualisierung
    ... Ich muss zwei Steuerungen einbinden, die Anbindung an die eigentliche Visualisierung erfolgt über einen OPC-Server, den ich auch entwickelt habe. ... Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass Ethernet in der Praxis immer TCP/IP heisst, ist das richtig? ... TCP/IP ist an sich schon recht mächtig und stellt sicher, dass Deine ...
    (de.sci.ing.elektrotechnik)
  • Re: Embedded Ethernet platforms -- your view
    ... They have everything what I want and with their 500MHz ARM running Linux board (128MB RAM and ... GB ethernet) I'm more than happy. ... I am looking for guidance with selection of a hardware development ... platform and tools for a new project. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Lets get rid of NMEA
    ... each NMEA manufacturer today is addressing the inadequacies of NMEA ... products for ethernet networking. ... while everyone is hammering on using TCP/IP to replace NMEA: ... better since they reach every device on the network. ...
    (rec.boats.electronics)