Re: Understanding PIC machine code

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 04:15:00 +0000 (UTC), Wing<wing@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Byron A Jeff <byron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> You really really don't want to write your own assembler.
>
>Of course he does! If for no other reason than learning to write an
>assembler. :)
>
>Have fun!

Writing a cross-assembler is quite easy, writing a native assembler
running in a PIC would be a bit more challenging :-).

Paul

  • Re: Wheels falling off CLAX again ?
    ... There are many other reasons for writing an Assembler ... writing an Assembler and/or an Assembly Environment, ... does not make any valid reason for writing any ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Wheels falling off CLAX again ?
    ... > There are many other reasons for writing an Assembler ... is no reason to learn assembly programming. ... when developing both an Assembler and a Disassembler ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: New assembly fan
    ... mainly the C languages and also "common lisp". ... Now for some reason I ... downloaded fasm assembler to try. ... Then of course, in the end everything gets turned into assembly by compilers and interpreters anyway, so knowing assembly you have total freedom in writing faster and smaller code, but today this aspect should not be overstated, as modern compilers and interpreters really do a good job in producing efficient code, and beating them can be very hard. ...
    (comp.lang.asm.x86)
  • Re: LuxAsm Development Team
    ... The best reason for writing an assembler in itself is so that people ... Randy Hyde ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: Embedding assembler in a language
    ... be used to improve the performance of the main language instead. ... This is also the reason why I see ... for handcoded assembler, although there are a few rare exceptions. ... I decided to provide a solution in the Seed7 runtime library. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)