Re: SPI slave select signals

praveen.kantharajapura@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In an SPI interface i have got 4 slaves and one master
> What i wanted to know is wether the master can assert two slave
> selects(SS_N) simultaneously OR is there a restriction that master can
> assert only one slave select.

Depends on the design of the master. The NIOS II used in the Altera
FPGA permits me to asers any number of the SPI select lines.

But also as has been pointed out if the slaves all try to respond with
data you've got problems on the SOMI singal line.

gm

  • Re: [RFC/PATCH 0/22] W1: sysfs, lifetime and other fixes
    ... defined in family driver. ... Bus master driver - is like NIC driver, it does not know about the rest ... It has it's logical slaves, it has it's own attributes and features, ... This is wrong - netlink notification is used and will be moved to ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: The Grateful Slave
    ... I am told he has the power to control my life. ... My master must understand the world better than I, ... he says only he can protect my money. ... My master cares about other masters, who don't have good slaves. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: The Grateful Slave
    ... I am told he has the power to control my life. ... My master must understand the world better than I, ... he says only he can protect my money. ... My master cares about other masters, who don't have good slaves. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: tcl and threads: installing and other info
    ... So I'd like to parallelise the notification processing. ... a event based master process using ... more stable in case one of the slaves crashes or does nasty things. ... If you don't have enough memory for the database to do its ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Bind9 AXFR
    ... Can you elaborate (e.g. error messages in logs of both master and slaves)? ... logging there. ... When I attempt to do so bind9 quits. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)