Re: Recommendation for Code/Text Editor?

Everett M. Greene <mojaveg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Watcom IDE editor is available
> as a separate, standalone program?

It's not just "available" as one, it *is* rather obviously a
standalone program: viw.exe. That's why its integration with the rest
of the IDE is so mind-bogglingly limited. The IDE doesn't even manage
to bring the editor window to the front when you double-click a
compiler error, nor can you run "build" on a keypress inside the
editor window!

Why anyone would want viw instead of, say, gvim or ntemacs, though,
evades me ;-)

--
Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

  • Re: The chart of comp.lang.c
    ... The problem is that under linux there is no IDE. ... The editor window can access all ... open further windows for manuals, to examine data files, whatever. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Is it possible to get an update 4 for D2005 ?
    ... I am using the English version. ... sessions in the IDE, on different computers. ... but the editor window is blank and ... > I test this with One project, deleting blocks, editing other untis (from ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Recommendation for Code/Text Editor?
    ... >> Does anyone know if the Watcom IDE editor is available ... > standalone program: viw.exe. ... > of the IDE is so mind-bogglingly limited. ... Where does one find info about gvim and ntemacs? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: how to test a ruby class
    ... method comparable to the "main" method in java that will run the class ... I would like to run my class from the IDE. ... supposed to execute a standalone program, ... test, then do it properly, create a separate hierarchy of files with unit ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • VS2008 reproducable "crash"
    ... Tow maximize ... my editor window, I have several floating toolboxes on the second screen, ... At this point the IDE is not frozen, but does not respond anymore, and if I ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.ide)