Re: Recommendation for Code/Text Editor?

Stef Mientki wrote:

> and what about code folding ?

vim does fold code. I'm a vi/vim acolyte so I don't know about emacs.

RFM

  • Re: Development Tools
    ... code folding, code completion etc. etc. helps a lot. ... Etienne Marais ... Prev by Date: ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: Package for remote footnote definitions?
    ... the bodies of footnotes while you are not editing ... Although Emacs is naturally the best choice, you can also find code folding in vim's LaTeX-Suite, LEd and some Eclipse Plug-ins... ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: M-file madness
    ... or then, you could also configure an external editor, such as jedit, emacs, or yes, even vim supports code folding (and perhaps you could even configure it, to jump directly to a corresponding end. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Recommendation for Code/Text Editor?
    ... > and what about code folding? ... As I've said before about Emacs: if you want your editor to do ... some trick, and Emacs doesn't appear to do it (not even with a ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)