Re: Looking for Best Practices for Design Engineers

Johnny <john_wr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> mojaveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Everett M. Greene) wrote:
> >Johnny <john_wr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >> My advice is to look after your own work, and not worry
> >> about issues that should really be the concern of management.
> >
> >Not necessarily good advice.
> >
> >If you have information or advice that would help management
> >reach a decision impacting your own work, it is best to pass
> >it along. If you don't pass the information along and a
> >decision is reached that you don't like, you have no one to
> >blame but yourself.
>
> I suppose you have a manager who likes to get advice from
> graduate engieneers.

They don't have to like it.

How are managers to know how they are doing if they never
get any feedback from those they are managing?

  • Re: Looking for Best Practices for Design Engineers
    ... >>>Not necessarily good advice. ... >>>reach a decision impacting your own work, ... I think that if the boss dosen't have some basic clues about how to do ... Reveal his failings to management so ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] K----s Waning Security
    ... > If you are going to say anything about company practices, security, management ... I also appreciate advice about how to sound more professional. ... that I must subscribe to mailing lists to find these things ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Page file and VM problems
    ... I did what you adviced below (looked for the temppf.sys file in safe mode, ... tried to follow your last advice and contact DELL. ... You may need to reboot into Safe Mode to do ... >> Manager\Memory Management ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Getting Users to USE MS Project
    ... All good advice coming from this thread for what is a typical and very ... planning function to all of them collectively and at individual 1-2-1's. ... dependancy management, etc.) it is an exponential leap that, quite frankly, ... In our circles, we have professional schedulers ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Introducing a methodology in the workplace when you have none.
    ... The best advice: show, don't tell. ... development cycles, higher quality software, fewer defects, better ... management cares about. ... If management won't move him, ask them to move you to ...
    (comp.object)