Re: Looking for Best Practices for Design Engineers

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:54:58 -0400, "Rufus V. Smith"
<nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Johnny" <john_wr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:00:08 PST, mojaveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Everett
>> M. Greene) wrote:

>>>Not necessarily good advice.
>>>
>>>If you have information or advice that would help management
>>>reach a decision impacting your own work, it is best to pass
>>>it along. If you don't pass the information along and a
>>>decision is reached that you don't like, you have no one to
>>>blame but yourself.
>>

>> I suppose you have a manager that like to get advice from graduate
>> engieneers.
>>

>How much is your manager going to like you if you had information
>he should have known but didn't think to pass it on?
>
>Rufus

Honestly, I don't see how that can be applied to a real situation.

I think that if the boss dosen't have some basic clues about how to do
his job then he should be sacked anyway. In my experience there are
only two ways to get ahead 1) Suck up to the boss at every
oppurtunity. Maybe if you can become his right-hand-man, then you can
have some input as you wrote. 2) Reveal his failings to management so
that he may be sacked.

If one has a truly ignorant or stupid boss it is better to keep such
information to yourself. Alternatively it may be useful to reveal it
when the QA audit comes around.

Johnny.

  • Re: Page file and VM problems
    ... I did what you adviced below (looked for the temppf.sys file in safe mode, ... tried to follow your last advice and contact DELL. ... You may need to reboot into Safe Mode to do ... >> Manager\Memory Management ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: [fw-wiz] K----s Waning Security
    ... > If you are going to say anything about company practices, security, management ... I also appreciate advice about how to sound more professional. ... that I must subscribe to mailing lists to find these things ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Getting Users to USE MS Project
    ... All good advice coming from this thread for what is a typical and very ... planning function to all of them collectively and at individual 1-2-1's. ... dependancy management, etc.) it is an exponential leap that, quite frankly, ... In our circles, we have professional schedulers ...
    (microsoft.public.project)
  • Re: Looking for Best Practices for Design Engineers
    ... >>> My advice is to look after your own work, and not worry ... >>> about issues that should really be the concern of management. ... >>Not necessarily good advice. ... >>reach a decision impacting your own work, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Introducing a methodology in the workplace when you have none.
    ... The best advice: show, don't tell. ... development cycles, higher quality software, fewer defects, better ... management cares about. ... If management won't move him, ask them to move you to ...
    (comp.object)