Re: Looking for Best Practices for Design Engineers

On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:54:58 -0400, "Rufus V. Smith"
<nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>"Johnny" <john_wr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:00:08 PST, mojaveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Everett
>> M. Greene) wrote:

>>>Not necessarily good advice.
>>>
>>>If you have information or advice that would help management
>>>reach a decision impacting your own work, it is best to pass
>>>it along. If you don't pass the information along and a
>>>decision is reached that you don't like, you have no one to
>>>blame but yourself.
>>

>> I suppose you have a manager that like to get advice from graduate
>> engieneers.
>>

>How much is your manager going to like you if you had information
>he should have known but didn't think to pass it on?
>
>Rufus

Honestly, I don't see how that can be applied to a real situation.

I think that if the boss dosen't have some basic clues about how to do
his job then he should be sacked anyway. In my experience there are
only two ways to get ahead 1) Suck up to the boss at every
oppurtunity. Maybe if you can become his right-hand-man, then you can
have some input as you wrote. 2) Reveal his failings to management so
that he may be sacked.

If one has a truly ignorant or stupid boss it is better to keep such
information to yourself. Alternatively it may be useful to reveal it
when the QA audit comes around.

Johnny.

.