Re: IAR v/s KEIL for 8051

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:19:52 GMT, bitmaster wrote:

> "Mehta Shailendrakumar" <shailendrakumar.mehta@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> message news:da06l4$r72$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I will be using 8051 based micro-controller for my project.
>> I want to choose C complier for it between Keil and IAR.
>> Anybody who has experience on these compilers please help me in doing this
>> and
>> share your experiences with these compilers. Let me also know any
>> benchmarks, comparisons
>> about the performances of these compilers.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Shailendra
>
> Both are well thought of. IAR are notorious for restrictions
> such as; dongle required and a special code that takes a week to get,
> you don't buy the IAR compiler, you buy the right to use it ... meaning
> you can not resell it.
>
> Keil is much less restricted and has put out a quality product for many
> years.

I have used Keil for the past two years and am quite pleased with it. I
recommend spending the extra bucks and getting the uV3 IDE as well. I used
to use the Keil tool set with Silicon Labs' IDE and it didn't work as well.

Bob

  • Re: IAR v/s KEIL for 8051
    ... Keil and IAR are great tools, ... >I will be using 8051 based micro-controller for my project. ... >and share your experiences with these compilers. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: IAR v/s KEIL for 8051
    ... > I want to choose C complier for it between Keil and IAR. ... > share your experiences with these compilers. ... Keil is much less restricted and has put out a quality product for many ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: 8051 C Compiler
    ... Keil and IAR compilers are good, there's no doubt and their IDE's, debuggers ... IAR you have a choice of dongle, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: IAR v/s KEIL for 8051
    ... My Keil came with a dongle :-( ... >> I want to choose C complier for it between Keil and IAR. ... >> share your experiences with these compilers. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Developing/compiling software
    ... IAR, Resonance, Tasking, to name but 3. ... Keil and SDCC are the only ones I regularly read about in this ... So is there something else that makes Keil so dominant over IAR in the 8051 market? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)