Re: OT:

Hi Jean,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I have been out of
town...

There have been many versions of the soundblaster over the years. The
early ones I believe had fm synthesis to be compatible with the "Adlib"
family of boards. To that they added 1 channel of 8 bit wave file
playback. Eventually, the "soundblaster 16" added 16 bit playback and
more channels.

I used to have the sound blaster development kit but I do not know
where to find it any more...

You are correct, this is a great place to apply theoretical knowledge
of Digital Signal Processing
Here is a link with a good place to start...

http://www.synchrondata.com/pheaven2/www/area24.htm

The files are actually located on Programmers Heaven Website.

Hope this helps,

-Tim

.