Re: OT:

Hi Jean,

My apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I have been out of
town...

There have been many versions of the soundblaster over the years. The
early ones I believe had fm synthesis to be compatible with the "Adlib"
family of boards. To that they added 1 channel of 8 bit wave file
playback. Eventually, the "soundblaster 16" added 16 bit playback and
more channels.

I used to have the sound blaster development kit but I do not know
where to find it any more...

You are correct, this is a great place to apply theoretical knowledge
of Digital Signal Processing
Here is a link with a good place to start...

http://www.synchrondata.com/pheaven2/www/area24.htm

The files are actually located on Programmers Heaven Website.

Hope this helps,

-Tim

  • Wavread a large file
    ... i'm trying to extract 1 channel from a stereo wave file. ... The problem is both method casues OUT OF MEMORY. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Question about DirectSound, multichannel playback, and WAVE files
    ... > just to see what the raw WAVE file sounds like without using their ... > of a camcorder recording of the device we are simulating) aren't going ... > some utility online that will allow us to inspect the binary structure ... > of the WAVE file and see what bits are causing the channel mapping to ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.audio)
  • Re: Todays Broadcast
    ... track of a stereo recording out of both speakers. ... my diagnosis was one hundred percent correct, ... right channel was getting multed to both channels. ... Again, apologies for the fire drill, and please disregard. ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: GMT Sunday 28th November 10
    ... MCC wrote: ... snow showers in the Channel that are perilously close. ... Apologies - it's early :-) ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)