Re: Little addition.

CBFalconer wrote:

> Just do a Fourier analysis. Well known results for square and
> triangle waves. This is why you can generate a sine from a divide
> by 6 counter and have no harmonics below the 5th in the output,
> apart from scaling resistor tolerances.

It was necessary for a self-test because I did't work before with
measuring THD. I already connect square-wave generator to THD metter
and check. Up to 30th harmonics looks like mathematics model. :)

  • Re: FF sensors: is 80MP needed?
    ... the higher harmonics from a square wave without attenuating the ... harmonics below the cutoff point. ... way that eliminates all overshoot. ... (ie the ringing artifacts) ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: FF sensors: is 80MP needed?
    ... the higher harmonics from a square wave without attenuating the ... harmonics below the cutoff point. ... way that eliminates all overshoot. ... The fourier transform of a signal which is of spatial extend ~D will, ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • square wave harmonic theory (time domain)
    ... I'm trying to determine if the higher harmonics of a low frequency square ... KHz square wave all the way up at 100 MHz if I zoom into them on a spectrum ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Thought provoking question for sound designers
    ... If you filter a sine, you get either the original sine, or nothing at all, depending on cutoff frequency. ... Conversely, you can in principle get a sine by filtering the other 3 waveforms to exclude the harmonics, assuming a sharp cutoff slope. ... Square is the most versatile since it has the most harmonics, ... All of the other wave shapes are filtered versions of a sine wave anyway, and with more than one sine wave I can do FM and additive too. ...
    (rec.music.makers.synth)
  • Re: square to sine
    ... I want to drive a coil using a sine wave.I used to use a 5th order ... filter from Maxim for the conversion of square wave(1khz which is ... 1KHZ sine wave.So i used to generate 1KHZ and 125khz square wave from ...
    (comp.robotics.misc)