Re: Micro choice with 4 UARTs

<tebbutt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1122645947.857251.167240@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello all,
>
> I am looking for a low cost micro with 4 UARTS. The requirments are
> quite staringhtforward since none of the ports will be going that
> quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per
> second on 3 of the 4 ports (with the last port mostly idle).
>
> I'll also need some simple I/O (about 6 I/O lines should be OK) plus an
> I2C or similar (but that could be bit-banged since there won't be much
> data to pass on this bus).
>
> Ideally I'd like FLASH and RAM on chip.
>
> The target volume for this product would be a few thousand per year.
>
> I know of rabbit and it looks like the latest ATMega2560 would be OK
> but are there any others?

Maxim has a SPI uart

Kasper

  • Re: Micro choice with 4 UARTs
    ... The requirments are ... > quite staringhtforward since none of the ports will be going that ... > quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per ... > I'll also need some simple I/O plus an ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Micro choice with 4 UARTs
    ... quite staringhtforward since none of the ports will be going that ... quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per ... I'll also need some simple I/O plus an ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Micro choice with 4 UARTs
    ... >> I am looking for a low cost micro with 4 UARTS. ... The requirments are ... >> quite staringhtforward since none of the ports will be going that ... >> quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Micro choice with 4 UARTs
    ... >I am looking for a low cost micro with 4 UARTS. ... >quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per ... >I'll also need some simple I/O plus an ... If there are other timing constraints that preclude this, maybe use a cheap slave PIC/AVR as an ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Micro choice with 4 UARTs
    ... > quite staringhtforward since none of the ports will be going that ... > quickly (4800 baud to 19200 baud) and only a few hundred bytes per ... > I'll also need some simple I/O plus an ... H8 series might not qualify for "low cost", ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)