Re: OT, sorry, simple Windoze GUI

martin griffith wrote:
Is there a simple way to make a elementary GUI on a XP machine that
doesnt have a steep learning curve and can talk to the serial port

If you know C++, I'd recommend FLTK over Qt for a Graphical User Interface library, simply because there is no licensing involved, even for commercial projects (www.fltk.org). It is cross platform (Windows, Unix, Mac), easy to learn, and comes with about 100 sample programms.

You still have to find a way to do the serial communication though.

  • Re: Acorn mouse
    ... the arrow cursor wobbles slightly but doesnt move. ... Have you tried cleaning it out and getting the fluff out of the ball, ... using an old style serial mouse on the serial port? ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • help required.
    ... i am beginner for g++. ... i am using following code for reading from ... serial port. ... but when i using it without a new line it doesnt read ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Acorn mouse
    ... the arrow cursor wobbles slightly but doesnt move. ... anyone know if there are any drivers for using an old style serial ... mouse on the serial port? ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.hardware)
  • Re: Transfer Files using Telnet?
    ... I just did an FC5 install, and kermit was included. ... Licensing Audit ... The ckermit package has been dropped due to a non-free license. ... a serial port, I want it to open a serial port. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)