Re: embedded gigabit ethernet

Steve at fivetrees wrote:
I have a new project coming up that calls for a data acquisition board (wot I have to design) to deliver said data over ethernet at a minimum of 6.25Mbytes/second (not including packetisation/checksum/TCP/protocol overheads). I confess to some trepidation.

[...]

Please let me (us) know what you decide on. This is on the edge of experience
for many if not all small systems developers. Thanks.

  • Re: FPGAs for Ethernet?
    ... possibilities for adding Ethernet to our embedded system. ... Should I try to put the MAC inside the FPGA and just use an external ... Programmable Chip, which Altera is obviously highly interested ... If you design the MAC into ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: USB or Ethernet for controller interface?
    ... does this make USB the obvious winner? ... Ethernet or USB data rate is needed because the ... design will be transferring large amounts of buffered data. ... Not for time or safety critical control. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Pointers for sending data using ethernet connection from V2Pro
    ... I am trying to design and implement an interface or application that ... will allow me to send data to the host PC through Ethernet cable. ... Can someone who has designed or implemented such type of interface help ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)
  • Re: A modern C128 8-bit
    ... program ethernet for that machine will need to do it in z80, ... If ethernet is a design factor, ... Coolness is a factor, OK, but you have been ...
    (comp.sys.cbm)
  • Re: Avnet Virtex-4 FX12 mini module
    ... you suggest the easiest way of establishing the Gigabit etherner ... using a hardcoded MAC address in your design. ... does not allocate enough buffer space for UDP packets coming in at 50 ... 10/100 Mb/s Ethernet but the only difference is that you are typically ...
    (comp.arch.fpga)