Re: PCI conformance requirement ?

>I'm looking into using a particular PCI peripheral card as OEM
>equipment in a commercial system. PCI interface is based on a PLX
>chip. Vendor's Specification says the board conforms to PCI 2.3,
>however when I asked they told me they do not have a certificate of
>conformance, I gather the presumption is that since the PLX chip
>conforms, the vendor's board "should" conform. And therein lies the
>rub ! Conformance as best I know depends on both the interface chip
>and board attributes such as pullups, trace lengths, proper handling of
>some signal lines.
>
>Am I being too picky in expecting a board vendor should have a
>certificate of conformance ?
>
>What is the commercial standard of practice in this regard ?
>
>Thanks for sharing, and my apologies if this inappropriately posted to
>either group.
>
>Regards,
>-rajeev-

Hi,rajeev.
I never heard there are some commercial standards of a board.Trace
lengths, proper handling of some signal lines,you can find these in PCI
specifications,but maybe can never find in any board's specifications.
Maybe you can ask them do some tests you care.If they won't or it does not
work well,then throw it.

This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on
www.EmbeddedRelated.com

  • Re: Build your own add-on board for PCI bus
    ... PCI is not for the faint of heart. ... a pre-existing PCI interface chip (PLX or equiv.), ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • PCI CardBus32 differences
    ... interfaces of a chip.I have a processor chip which can act as a PC-Card ... its interface and hence similar to PCI, can I use the processor's PCI ... Host Controller to act as host to CardBus in the test chip? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • 2.6.17-rc1-mm3: time-i386-clocksource-drivers*.patch broke userspace apps
    ... netconsole: remote port 6666 ... Enabling unmasked SIMD FPU exception support... ... ACPI: bus type pci registered ... Probing IDE interface ide0... ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: P5/Celeron comments?
    ... type of video capture card require. ... That restriction is caused by the mix of PCI Express and PCI ... which means a PCI bus card may get the "short straw". ... You can, however, compare the chip ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)