80186 free C compiler

Hi,
I am new to all this but I am about to try my first embedded design using
an 80C186 processor.
Is there a free C compiler available?
Am I correct in thinking gcc can't target the 80186 processor?

I understand I need a locator as well?
Again is there a free one?

Where can I get startup code? The book I have is Programming Embedded
Systems by Michael Barr, and he says that you could use libgloss, but I
can't find it anywhere on the internet!!

Best regards,
John.

  • Re: 80186 free C compiler
    ... I am new to all this but I am about to try my first embedded design using an 80C186 processor. ... Is there a free C compiler available? ... some custom startup code to get rid of the dependency on DOS. ... to get by with the DJGPP MS-DOS compiler if you can limit the processor ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: 80186 free C compiler
    ... > I am new to all this but I am about to try my first embedded design ... > Where can I get startup code? ... > I can't find it anywhere on the internet!! ... You will need a locator; ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)