Re: AMD Geode reference design

Ghazan Haider wrote:
> Theyve released reference designs... is anyone selling them? They must
> be cheap since noone is designing it.

Unfortunately, the released layouts (Thin client) are for an outdated
CRT only version of GX. Long term supply is questionable. However, it
is good reference for a new layout. I would suggest to build the one
in the SBC version. Unfortunately, they are not releasing the layouts
for it, I asked.

> If not, can I just send the design to olimex and try to solder the
> parts and be all successful?

Noop, they won't do 10 layers with 5 mils lines and 8 mils holes. We
have to do it in our factory.

> Lastly, will people here be interested in cheaper geode reference
> boards if I do a larger batch? I'm looking at the LX.

Yes, if you build it with the new chip, not the old chip. If you build
the SBC version, I am ready to buy some.

  • Re: AMD Geode reference design
    ... >> Theyve released reference designs... ... they are not releasing the layouts ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Telemetry suggestions
    ... sending the data to the phone over an audio link (even ... Note that you can have the weather station *speak* the ... hacking together "one off" designs. ... Even releasing such a design ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: ,,,and the rains came...
    ... Tried to find some reference with google, ... reactor " they were talking about. ... My memory of the details was they took an SMR and put it ... I much like the new small designs. ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Best Practices for Improving FM Performance
    ... I have a file, FM9 Mac, where many of the layouts use simple boxes to ... If I changed every occurrence of the boxes to a global container field ... of my designs and avoid unnecessary graphics wherever possible. ... render more quickly than one pasted from Photoshop. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)
  • Re: Managed class inherit from unmanaged class
    ... For these kinds of classes, you shouldn't really extend from them, but you should create managed wrappers for them which implement the IDisposable interface. ... then the runtime will take care of releasing the reference that ... Assuming that is the only reference that exists, ...