Renesas R8C Start up problem

Hi,
I have used LM1086-3.3 lowdrop regulator and R8C cpu. Reset circuit is
only pull-up.
CPU doesn't start up right. External oscillator doesn't run when I turn
on power. If I reset the CPU externaly everthing is OK.
Can you recommend something?

  • Re: HELP: Allied Leisure Cocktail PCBs (aka John Robertson, are you out there?) - LONGish
    ... Unlikely that the Reset circuit is bad on all three boards. ... Check if the Reset signal is getting to the CPU. ... 872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games) ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Renesas R8C Start up problem
    ... Reset circuit is only pull-up. ... CPU doesn't start up right. ... External oscillator doesn't run when I turn on power. ... the built-in reset circuit in R8C/11 and /13 is designed to operate at +5V - check is parameters in the data sheet. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: TECH: what the hell is going on with my sys80 CPU!???
    ... You have to understand that you can NOT simply ground Pin 40 (or whatever the CPU reset pin is - for other CPUs than the 6502 here) as the related Reset circuit often is a bit unforgiving of that sort of torture. ... note that from the schematic the 5101 and the CMOS devices get their power either from the battery or from Vcc through an isolation diode and thus would be up to 0.7VDC less than Vcc depending on current draw. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Gottlieb SYS80B power question
    ... The CPU isn't booting. ... Z11 literally had the top of the chip blown off ... Because Z11 was blown, I'm thinking that U4 may need replacement as ... Would it just be easiest to replace the entire reset circuit? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Renesas R8C Start up problem
    ... Reset circuit is ... >CPU doesn't start up right. ... Put a cap between pull up and ground. ... Are all parts (pull-up, cpu and external oscillator) on the SAME power ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)