Re: need a board automotive

On 17 Oct 2005 17:07:33 -0700, dumike wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm not a regular here but it seems to be the right place to ask.
>
> I am working on a project for a student racing team and I have to
> design a control system for one of the parts. The system will have to
> accept a few inputs and control several motors based on the
> calculations. Sounds typical.
>
> I want to start off with an existing board based on 8051 or 68HC11/12.
> The problem was that I couldn't find any existing boards on the market
> that would be designed specifically for automotive applications. Most
> of the boards are either made for general purpose or simply are
> evaluation kits. That will not necessarily be sufficient because I need
> a board that has interlocking connectors and can withstand vibrations.
>
> So my question basically is, does anyone know of any inexpensive
> microcontroller boards that are commonly used for automotive projects
> and that can be purchased from the manufacturer.
>
> Thank you in advance.
> Best regards.
>
> - Mike

If the device already existed in exactly the required form, they wouldn't
need *you*. Take what you can get and make it into what you need. Hint:
It's called engineering.

Bob

  • need a board automotive
    ... I am working on a project for a student racing team and I have to ... design a control system for one of the parts. ... that would be designed specifically for automotive applications. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: need a board automotive
    ... design a control system for one of the parts. ... The problem was that I couldn't find any existing boards on the market that would be designed specifically for automotive applications. ... That will not necessarily be sufficient because I need a board that has interlocking connectors and can withstand vibrations. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Project proposal -- Forth project organiser
    ... I can probably come up with dozens of real-world problems introduced by this, when all that's required is to fix the underlying design problem that RCS has! ... you've got what amounts to the *same* logic you would get "for free" if you used a version control system that has true atomic commits. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: WOZ Cpu
    ... A few intelligent design decisions turn fast moving PC platforms into the perfect control system for a pinball machine. ... Even when USB does eventually disappear, it would be quite straight forward to develop a bridge between whatever new technology comes out and the USB-based P-ROC... ... Further, because a PC runs the game rules, the types of features you can design into your machine and the computing power to drive them continue to improve by default while the central control system stays the same. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: RAIB: Uncontrolled freight train run-back between Shap and Tebay, Cumbria
    ... Disclaimer - I have no specific knowledge of the design of locomotive ... control system, and a safety monitoring system, and the two systems are ... If the safety monitoring system uses separate sensors to the control ... If the sensor inputs to the safety management system are currently "train ...
    (uk.railway)