Re: KEil bought by ARM
- From: Chris Hills <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:41:01 +0100
In article <3sfbfuFnoia0U1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, tim (moved to sweden)
>"Chris Hills" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Keil compilers have been bought by ARm.
>One is left wondering why they have done this.
>And yes, I did read the press release.
>Why would ARM want compliers for a load of
>processors that compete with their own?
>Especially as ARM seem to be doing their best to
>alienate their own compiler customers by forcing
>non-compatable upgrades on them at regular
Keil have 8051/251 166 and ARM 7 al in C They have they majority market
share in 51 and 166
>As Kiel have, IIUC, recently releasae an ARM version
>of their complier methinks they are just taking out
KEil's own compiler is C for ARM7. Others have C and C++ for 7,9,11
XScale etc. Mind you their ARM7 C compiler was very good.
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
/\/\/ chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
- Prev by Date: Re: KEil bought by ARM
- Next by Date: Re: KEil bought by ARM
- Previous by thread: Re: KEil bought by ARM
- Next by thread: Re: KEil bought by ARM