Re: Embedded PowerPC programming book or tutorial?

In article <c6mtn1ljut8kmr7dj8qmsb4735ciqlu80d@xxxxxxx>, Johannes Eble <skywalkerpackage@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 18 Nov 2005 05:39:28 -0800, "EventHelix.com" <eventhelix@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>For PowerPC specific programming, you are should look for a book about
>>low level programming on the PowerPC.
>
> Yes, it is exactly such a book I am trying to find. It doesn*t seem to
> be existent, though ;(

32 or 64 bit PowerPC ?

If it's 32 bit, have a look at the large range of material on the Freescale
website. For example:

The Programming Environments Manual located at:

http://www.freescale.com/files/product/doc/MPCFPE32B.pdf?srch=1

If you are looking for 64 bit material have a look on IBM's website; I think
I've seen 64 bit PowerPC manuals on there in the past.

A (very long) link to the PowerPC Documentation section of Freescale's website:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/search/MainSERP.jsp?Products=Products%2F006Microcontrollers+and+Microprocessors%2F00232-Bit+Embedded+Processors%2F004PowerPC++Processors%2F&RELEVANCE=false&showAllCategories=false&srch=1&assetLocked=true&pageSize=15&SelectedAsset=Documents&;

If you have problems with this link goto:

http://www.freescale.com > 32-Bit Embedded Processors > PowerPC Processor
then select Documentation.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scientific Theory: A testable hypothesis that is supported by a body of evidence