Re: Embedded PowerPC programming book or tutorial?

Hi Simon,

thanks for your links. There is really a lot of information there.

I will check it out.

I am almost sure that it is a 32bit PowerPC system I will be dealing
with.

Still, what I miss is, among others, an overview the 32bit variants
that are commonly used *today* in embedded development, of what RTOSes
are available for them, what Evaluation boards exist, what c
Compilers/IDEs exist, what peripherials exist and 'play well' with
PowerPC and so on.
Well, this wouldn't matter if there was *one* sample project, say XXXX
PowerPC development with VxWorks that mentioned the specific quirks of
PowerPCs.

I feel that IBM and Motorola have sometimes different views about
'PowerPC'. Also, as I 've already written, most books are from the
launche period (1994), and the PowerPC doesn't seem to be developed
for embedded development in the first time.

Johannes

  • How to access Serial ports Line Control Register
    ... (LCR) ... of COM1 on a powerpc MCP750 system via vxworks. ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Edit text files
    ... I'm working with VxWorks version 5.5 embedded in a board with a PowerPC ... serial port. ... I need to modify some text files in the this board but I ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • PMC Compact Flash
    ... or PowerPC). ... How do I configuration the vxWorks so I can boot from it, ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: PMC Compact Flash
    ... or PowerPC). ... How do I configuration the vxWorks so I can boot from it, ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: VxWorks evaluation board
    ... VxWorks is mainly used in industrial area. ... I advise you to look for another board based on a powerPC or a ARM. ... I work on powerPC on a reference board ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)