Re: Free FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 filesystem (C)

On 9 Jan 2006 15:53:04 -0800, "larwe" <zwsdotcom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Jonathan Kirwan wrote:
>
>> Try Delorie's web site for viewing web sites with Lynx;
>> http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html
>> and just type in the above address. Pleasingly absent of ads.
>
>FOILED!

It didn't work?? Well, that's news to me. I should have your set up,
Lewin, so I could see for myself.

>-------------------------
>Not Permitted
>You need to create a file called delorie.htm on your web server to
>prove you're the webmaster. When I see this file (it can be empty) I'll
>allow my tools to access your site.

I didn't even know I had delorie.htm on my "web server" (which I don't
even have any of.)

>Attempted URL: http://sourceforge.net/project/delorie.htm (not found)
>
>Attempted URL: http://sourceforge.net/delorie.htm (not found)
>
>Because these tools act basically as proxies, it's important to make
>sure that the people using these tools are actually the developers of
>the pages they're viewing, and not just random visitors trying to
>bypass filters or hide their identities.

Very odd. I exactly tried out that site (the one called
http://sourceforge.net/projects/efsl
and I didn't develop it, you can be assured) without problems. So it
appeared, anyway.

You've got a mighty picky situation.

Have you tried simply getting Lynx fired up on your system? (Delorie
didn't develop Lynx and the source is freely available for compilation
on Linux, I believe.)

Jon

  • Re: 406 Not Acceptable
    ... RT> *deliberately* configured his web server to tell any browser ... RT> standard that lynx hadn't been updated to cope with. ... RT> pointed out that the web site was perfectly readable with lynx ... RT> as long as you told lynx to lie about which browser it was. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • Lynx and lots of line feeds..
    ... I've been trying to make a web site as WAI as possible and thought I'd ... take a look at it in Lynx and found out that the content was pushed of ... Prev by Date: ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • Re: Free FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 filesystem (C)
    ... > Try Delorie's web site for viewing web sites with Lynx; ... Pleasingly absent of ads. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • ASP.Net horrow story and questions...
    ... - IIS Admin: LocalSystem account ... In IIS Manager on Web Server create a new Web Site ... Is there something wrong with my Wizard files? ...
  • RE: http://companyweb /remote /backup /Monitoring HELP
    ... entire Web site from the Internet" is selected. ... On the "Web Server Certificate" page, choose to create a new Web server ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)