Re: Problems with Olimex AVR-USB-JTAG and Spark Fun Electronics

larwe wrote:
Tom wrote:

Has anyone successfully used this product (AVR-USB-JTAG from Olimex)?

We got one at work and I overheard while ago that the guy using it had

We got four of them, USB and serial, working well now. We had to follow the procedure from Olimex (http://www.olimex.com/dev/avr-jtag-upgrade.html). According to my friend he did it for USB dongles as well. Then use COM1 and COM2 for upgrade with AVR Studio.

I ran ZWSBBS (3:634/396) for a few years when I lived in Australia - but I was in Melbourne. I was very active in Fidonet for a while.

Old age kicks in - my memory still works but not quite well:)

Tom .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Do I need to build a new platform (creat new nk.bin)
    ...  If you don't know anything about Windows ... To enable both COM1 and COM2, you need to include the components to support ... But the device ports thats mean COM1 and COM2 are making problems. ...
  • Re: serial port interfaced EEPROM reader no longer detected after temporary removal
    ... I wonder if the original instance of COM1 got set to be COM2? ... In the advanced options I looked at the possibility to rename the port, and noticed that COM2 has behind it, but as far as I know I don't have COM2 on my system. ... The manufacturer of the EEPROM reader tells me that the software scans for available serial ports and you can set one that is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: serial port interfaced EEPROM reader no longer detected after temporary removal
    ... But the craziest thing is that nowhere do I see COM2 except in the rename option for COM1. ... In the advanced options I looked at the possibility to rename the port, and noticed that COM2 has behind it, but as far as I know I don't have COM2 on my system. ... The manufacturer of the EEPROM reader tells me that the software scans for available serial ports and you can set one that is available. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: FTP server comprimised
    ... Com1, Com2 etc are reserved names hence why you were prevented from ... This appears to be a favorit trick of ... the server for others to download. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • COM equality testing
    ... the window object shows the same ... Dim ie, com1, com2, doc, wnd, div, out ... same, diff, diff, diff, diff, diff ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)