Re: Moving from 8051 to AVR

Meindert Sprang wrote:
"Ian Bell" <ruffrecords@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:dsink7$cu9$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well a) 500K of Z80 was not a smart thing to do in the first place
and b) porting it to an AVR was an even less smart thing to do.

I guess Ulf meant 500K of source code....

Meindert

Nope, 500k object code.
Remember, the AVR has 8 MByte address space.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

  • Re: Moving from 8051 to AVR
    ... and b) porting it to an AVR was an even less smart thing to do. ... I guess Ulf meant 500K of source code.... ... Nope, 500k object code. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: USB Host
    ... Ulf Samuelsson wrote: ... I never see this reaction to the AVR. ... You will remember the last AVR allocation supply-cycle, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: USB Host
    ... > Let the 80C51 communicate with the AVR using SPI. ... Ulf, is there anything in this world for which the AVR is not the ultimate ...