Re: Looking for keypad + LCD display with RS-232 link.

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 19:07:57 -0500, CBFalconer <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Anton Erasmus wrote:

Anybody know who manufactures a keypad with numeric keys with at least
an "enter" key. It should have a character display of at least 16
characters with an RS-232 interface. Similar to a seperate numeric
keypad, but with an RS-232 interface in stead of PS/2 or USB.
A price below US$200 would be nice.
I have a product that reads data from barcodes, and I need an
interface that can be used to manually input the barcode if the
scanner fails to read the barcode.

Should be trivial to build for less than that. Basically one PIC
and one LCD module. If you can accept TTL level signals rather
than RS232 you will avoid some level shifters and negative voltage
supplies, for considerable cost savings. Quantity counts.
Have a look at : http://www.jedmicro.com.au/displays.htm

Alan

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at
http://ozcomponents.com