Re: Fast Processor Selection

In article <1141879129.567946.291330@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
kenneth.lemieux@xxxxxxxxx says...

Hmmm... the LPC2148 has 512K flash which I assume can be written to
using the processor. I could use that flash for the file system and
skip the Dataflash if the endurance is reasonable. USB would be nice
also.

From the datasheet:
The LPC2141/42/44/46/48 flash memory provides a minimum of 100,000
erase/write cycles and 20 years of data-retention.

--Gene

  • Re: [RFD] What error should FS return when I/O failure occurs?
    ... If the disk disappeared out from under us because it was an unplugged USB ... Valdis> device, there's at least a possibility of it reappearing via hotplug - presumably ... >> the file system, the cache image should be updated as well. ... someone have to declare this as DESIGN of Linux. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: question concerning autofs, usbfs and vfat
    ... I doubt that the USB connections have anything to do with how your system got hosed. ... I don't understand why there would be any error message from autofs about improper configuration or bogus options. ... to get right straight to my question - i was wanting to know which is the proper file system to choose for a USB 2.0 data/flash stick - autofs, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Problems when creating Live-boot usb stick
    ... I made a live bootable Fedora-13 on Buffalo 8G usb stick using Linux command ... destroyed the exisiting file system, that's the downside to using the ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Why initrd?
    ... Why do usb sticks require the need for an initrd in order to boot linux? ... Initrd is a quick way of hiding details of a file system. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: usb disk insists on being readonly
    ... about 400Mbytes of disk and the usb port is USB 1 (that manual doesn't ... disk is connected through a hub. ... touch: cannot touch `a': Read-only file system ... be also readable if I hook it up to a windows machine. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)