Best database for flashdisk

Hi,

For a new embedded product with a flashdisk I need a database.
The product will probably run some kind of Linux.

I have been looking at SQLite, but am worried that its not suited for flashdisks, because of its use of a journal file.

SQLite is SQL based, but my database requests aren't very sophisticated, so some simple btree functions could do.

Do any of you have experiences?

John

  • Re: Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?
    ... with any "heavy" database should the need arise to migrate ... Migrating data from SQLite to other ... about how the SQL Language Specification of static typing ... jeremiads on the Python list. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Oracle 10g Express & VB6, replace MSAccess, I hope so
    ... I'll check SQLite off the list. ... Client/Server Applications ... you should consider using a client/server database engine instead ... Each request is managed ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: how would you...?
    ... The student also has a picture reference that depicts his GPA based on ... Should I study up on SQLite? ... There are other database modules than SQLite, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?
    ... be saying it has gasoline engine. ... SQL database, with an SQL engine. ... criticisms directed at SQLite. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: SQLwaterheadretard3 (Was: Is it just me, or is Sqlite3 goofy?)
    ... simple embedded database as SQL-compliant as possible. ... This page highlights some of the characteristics of SQLite ... In manifest typing, the datatype is a property of the ...
    (comp.lang.python)