Re: Help required

"CBFalconer" <cbfalconer@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:4429A1AC.CB34C811@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yet I am an advocate of goto in the appropriate places, which are
fairly rare.

So am I. For backward jumps as well. Sometimes it is just
too much hassle to wrap everything in if/then/elses. Fairly
rare, yes, like 'continue' which I use even less but probably
should consider to use more often.

Use what is available and practical.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

  • Re: Help required
    ... Yet I am an advocate of goto in the appropriate places, ... fairly rare. ... For backward jumps as well. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Mens Hour Books
    ... Best in what contexts? ... Even GOTO has its (rare) place. ... I can't decide whether a flippant or a pedantic answer would work, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.composition)
  • Re: goto function?
    ... Subject: goto function? ... I'll say again, this is very rare. ... switch/case statements even on very big projects either. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: sequence iteration
    ... tagbody/go (i.e. lisp's version of goto). ... it's quite rare that you really need to ... duplicated code often works well enough. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)