Re: uC for Indirect Execution

"rektide" <rektide@xxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
news:1147392869.617901.143150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at starting a new uClinux platform for myself sometime in
the not-too-far-future. I've got a couple favorites I'd like to play
with, namely the Blackfin BF561 and the Lpc3180. However, I'm kind of
worried about what code I can execute: if i recall correctly, neither
of these architectures (ARM9 and blackfin) can execute code indirectly,
can run code from ram. I presume this is a restriction of their
Harvard architetures.

Where can you store code for these architectures?
What are fast & low powered micros that can execute code from memory?

I could be dead wrong, if so, please except my graceful apology.
-Rektide.

Why uCLinux for an ARM9 with an MMU.
Curious to know why you want to run Linux without any Ethernet nor LCD?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

  • uC for Indirect Execution
    ... I've got a couple favorites I'd like to play ... namely the Blackfin BF561 and the Lpc3180. ... Where can you store code for these architectures? ... What are fast & low powered micros that can execute code from memory? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: uC for Indirect Execution
    ... I've got a couple favorites I'd like to play ... namely the Blackfin BF561 and the Lpc3180. ... Where can you store code for these architectures? ... What are fast & low powered micros that can execute code from memory? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: uC for Indirect Execution
    ... namely the Blackfin BF561 and the Lpc3180. ... can run code from ram. ... Where can you store code for these architectures? ... What are fast & low powered micros that can execute code from memory? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: [patch 0/4] cleanup - use _AC macro to define PAGE_SIZE
    ... Could you do a followup patch for each architecture introducing ... I think more than your 4 listed architectures could need this fix. ... Blackfin look ok. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: making asm-generic/futex.h completely usable
    ... Blackfin falls into the "no hardware atomic instructions" category as ... operates on variables in user space while running in the kernel. ... I believe that out of the architectures currently using asm-generic/futex.h, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)