Re: uC for Indirect Execution

"rektide" <rektide@xxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet
news:1147392869.617901.143150@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hey everyone,

I'm looking at starting a new uClinux platform for myself sometime in
the not-too-far-future. I've got a couple favorites I'd like to play
with, namely the Blackfin BF561 and the Lpc3180. However, I'm kind of
worried about what code I can execute: if i recall correctly, neither
of these architectures (ARM9 and blackfin) can execute code indirectly,
can run code from ram. I presume this is a restriction of their
Harvard architetures.

Where can you store code for these architectures?
What are fast & low powered micros that can execute code from memory?

I could be dead wrong, if so, please except my graceful apology.
-Rektide.

Why uCLinux for an ARM9 with an MMU.
Curious to know why you want to run Linux without any Ethernet nor LCD?

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

.