Re: PC Programming Language

I am looking for suggestions on free or low cost complier programs for the
PC.... I have some experince with VB6.... however I would like to examine
other languages and software packages.

My main programming goal is write programs for Windows XP and serial coms
interfacing with minimal or no database requirements.

Microsoft Visual C# Express Edition. Starting with the 2005 version, serial
port interfacing is included.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualcsharp/

Borland is about to bring out "Turbo" versions of Delphi and C# which will
be available, with some limitations, as free downloads.
http://www.turboexplorer.com/

Python, as someone mentioned, is popular with beginning programmers and is
what the computational linguistics community has more or less settled on
because it's so good at string handling. Personally, though, I'm not too
fond of it. I'd rather use something that was designed, from the ground up,
to be a professional programming tool for the target machine (the PC).

  • Re: [SLE] Developing a Real Time Data System
    ... The KBasic License is valid for both operating systems: Windows and Linux. ... Modern BASIC language ... chapters learning about the programming language. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: sysadmin qualifications (Re: apt-get vs. aptitude)
    ... and it can make an application unusable in real conditions when it worked fine while programming and testing. ... Hardware Engineers: ... Windows actually provides a stable environment, very good programming tools, and when you write for it, you know that most computers will be able to run your program. ... And, finally, to install and configure programming related stuff, like development libraries, on Debian you simply install them. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Reverse engineering != piracy (was Re: RosAsm disassembler output vs. IDA Pro)
    ... OOPL or fancy "class" keywords to be programming "OOP"...that stuff is ... Rene...one of your RosAsm newbies has just ... under the BASIC language, typing "?" ... surface that works within Windows...but then all "child" windows can ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [ Attn: Randy ] Ad-hoc Parsing?
    ... Though, one aspect is that LuxAsm has these "property" things (in short, as ... every label can have "child" labels in this scheme...so then constants, ... for programming (set up constants, equates and things...note, as these can ... Windows does...and then there's the "swap file" or using temporary files, ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: assembly language and reverse engineering
    ... in Windows assembly programming what you can't learn when doing ... Windows API but about assembly programming). ... And you have far less to learn to get your first working DOS program than ... but, real mode is real mode, and pmode is pmode. ...
    (alt.lang.asm)