Re: C / C++ skills

<russellseres@xxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:1155466891.261862.317920@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

joshc wrote:

I guess you don't know assembly very well then. Anything you can do in
C/C++ you can do in assembly. However, you will be much more productive
using C/C++ so I'd recommend you learn C.

The thing is it seems most companies with job positions are requiring a
high level of C or C++ for firmware developement.

Sure, assembly is as dead as can be. If you are an excellent assembly
programmer, you will also do very well in C. Learning C is not that
difficult. C++ is a lot more complicated.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove 'q' and '.invalid' when replying by email)

  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... joshc wrote: ... C/C++ you can do in assembly. ... using C/C++ so I'd recommend you learn C. ... high level of C or C++ for firmware developement. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: how relevant is C today?
    ... C/C++ is used for a lot of things and not going anywhere. ... programmer. ... I recommend you even spend a few weeks with an assembly ... optimized any more in a high level language, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: H8S23XX decompiler
    ... into C/C+. ... Can someone recommend a software. ... I can't recall the URL, but it's the same site that hosts the software ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Solve a linear equation system over GF(2) with C
    ... Can anybody recommend to me a package for C/C++ that offers a function ... to solve a linear equation system over the Boolean field, ...
    (sci.math.num-analysis)
  • Re: programming tools
    ... Joris Huizer wrote: ... electric-fence is pretty simple to use but very useful. ... to recommend that all C/C++ programs that you write should link against ...
    (Debian-User)