news:s7Kdnfn6x7q1EUPZRVny2Q@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<sdeyoreo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:fvdsd25e6hjhfhpoksinbtmnu20jr8ia50@xxxxxxxxxx
On 11 Aug 2006 17:41:30 -0700, "russellseres@xxxxxxxxx"
<russellseres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I can write assembly, however i have limited knowledge on C / C++.
Is a high level of knowledge in this langauge necessary to program
microcontrollers ??
Or can you just use more "simple" commands ?

Get a book called "C++ from the ground up". I found it very good,
starting from zero.

C++? Bah humbug. C is fine. Assuming a decent s/w architecture, of course.
(Which statement includes all the good bits of OO, stripped of the
hype...)

I agree, C is fine for most firmware projects. But these days embedded
systems are turning into small PC's with GUI's and GUI's are ussually
programmed in C++.

  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... however i have limited knowledge on C / C++. ... Is a high level of knowledge in this langauge necessary to program ... the one assembly language that you do know will not ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... however i have limited knowledge on C / C++. ... Is a high level of knowledge in this langauge necessary to program ... Bah humbug. ... Assuming a decent s/w architecture, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... however i have limited knowledge on C / C++. ... Is a high level of knowledge in this langauge necessary to program ... C/C++ you can do in assembly. ... using C/C++ so I'd recommend you learn C. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... however i have limited knowledge on C / C++. ... Is a high level of knowledge in this langauge necessary to program ... Or can you just use more "simple" commands? ... starting from zero. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)