Re: C / C++ skills

"Darin Johnson" <darin@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1155509085.333418.273730@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C# was designed solely because Microsoft needed a new way to
entrap programmers since they weren't allowed to make
incompatible versions of Java.

So the doctrine here is that Delphi is great and C# is awful, even though
they are the work of the same designer and are semantically very similar?

BTW, in response to another message, C# is not interpreted. It is compiled;
usually JIT-compiled while loading and running, but it can be precompiled.

  • Re: C / C++ skills
    ... So the doctrine here is that Delphi is great and C# is awful, ... they are the work of the same designer and are semantically very similar? ... The wanted to mould Java in the same way they are moulding C++ ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Definition of outdated...
    ... There are often a reference to a programming language to be 'outdated', ... Looking strictly at the wording, then Java is more outdated than Delphi, ... What imo should be outdated is how money controls hype that controls ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: OOP style
    ... > create separate units for each of those dialogs, or do you make them as ... > a bunch of "helper" methods (if you have broken down your Save, Load, ... > 2.5) Is a Unit equivalent to a .java file in Java? ... > like I fight Delphi at almost every turn. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: RubyOnRails and Intraweb
    ... When I use C++ or Java or Delphi, I do not start from scratch. ... I do not worry that if I use a JB wizard that the code it produces is non standard Java, ... So the emphasis has left the EJB model, and Entity Beans have practically been abandoned altogether as impractical. ... Now Web Services are the next best thing to sliced bread. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Response a negative view about Delphi
    ... Window desktop is no longer such an interesting environment. ... In fact I challenge your freind to write a CD burning application in ASP.NET or Java without having to prop it up with native code written in C/C++ running locally. ... We as developers have no reason to continue developing in Delphi unless it's about maintaining old legacy code. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)