Re: Source Sealed Potentiometers?

Rene Tschaggelar wrote:
John Mianowski wrote:
Can anybody recommend a source of miniature multi-turn potentiometers,
protected to IP67 or 68 for a marine application?

IP 67 is flush water, IP 68 is under water.
You want to measure an angle ?
What is the angular speed of the sensor ?

Rene

I need to be able to survive immersed in fresh water for several
minutes. I think I might be able to get away with IP67.

I need to be able to measure an angle 0-360, & can't directly couple to
the shaft/axis of rotation. I can put a gear on the object to be
measured, & due to space constraints I need to reduce at least 5:1.

Angular speed would be slow, probably no more than about 30 RPM.

JM

  • Re: Thinking of purchasing a Garmin 276c
    ... IP67 is not gas-tight. ... so humid air gets sucked in as the temperature rises ... Later on the ambient temperature goes down, and the water ... condenses out of the humid air, and now you have a few drops of water inside ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Skepticism about skeptics
    ... angle at noon over most of the year. ... sometimes up to around 105F) water heating isn't an issue, ... The system we had installed, OTOH, will amortize ... but, contractors being contractors, the water mains are only ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: Skepticism about skeptics
    ... angle at noon over most of the year. ... sometimes up to around 105F) water heating isn't an issue, ... cost and amortization *do* affect peoples' decisions on many ... That's not the standard that is applied to energy efficiency. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: trim angle, rooster-tail, poor performance
    ... transom is such that the outboard is always trimmed in (even when I ... The cavitation plate is at an angle in the ... water, the front is lower than the back, the front is probably level ... Does sound like you should have the 'long shaft' motor. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Re: does radiance change with refraction for directional lights?
    ... perfectly parallel to the other rays in the bundle. ... will still have a solid angle of 0. ... When you add water, the rays enter the water at angle theta, but bend ...
    (comp.graphics.algorithms)