Embedded UI Libraries/Frameworks/Generators

What UI Libraries/Frameworks/Generators have people used in the
embedded systems they build?

We are upgrading the our display from a 4 bit color 240 x 64 to an
awesome 640 x 240. Naturally the UI that was built for the smaller
display will leave users wondering, "why can't it do this, that and the
other thing?" I built the first UI using WindML 3.0 and was fairly
happy with it. I wrote most of the widgets I used and tried to segment
the "views" from the "functions." I was pretty successful, but it came
at a price (a long development time).

Now that users will be asking for much more sophisticated widgets, I've
started wondering the right way to go. I'd like a framework that has a
library of widgets including buttons, graphs, images, pulldown menus,
etc. Licensing isn't really a problem, but I don't want to license
junk. Something that can be integrated with VxWorks would be nice as
well.

Thank you all in advance!

-zp

  • Re: Embedded UI Libraries/Frameworks/Generators
    ... What UI Libraries/Frameworks/Generators have people used in the ... display will leave users wondering, "why can't it do this, that and the ... Now that users will be asking for much more sophisticated widgets, ... etc. Licensing isn't really a problem, but I don't want to license ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: glutBitmapCharacter - partial letters
    ... the problem on text strings which are longer than the Widgets width ... problem is that I could only display a full letter or not. ... it seems GLUT has a mirrored y-axis. ... down is positive (GLUT has different Y than openGL) ...
    (comp.graphics.api.opengl)
  • ANNOUNCE: GRIDPLUS 2.10 - A Grid Based Screen Building Tool For Tcl/Tk
    ... GRIDPLUS 2.10 has been released and is available from: ... display duration option. ... improve look/feel for larger widgets. ... *) Fix problem with "tablelist" row selection. ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: scroll a frame to display several lines of widgets at a time
    ... want separate widgets, all displayed at once, for several hundred records - surely better to just reuse the one set of widgets and have the scrollbar or back-forward buttons change which record is being displayed in the widgets. ... Make sure you've created the frame and perhaps called update_idletasksto give it a chance to size itself before shoving it onto the canvas. ... Simple enough, but there are several hundred records, and I only want to display 5 or 10 at a time. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Tkinter event question
    ... I've got some widgets that generate events. ... If I display the widget and then hide it again, ... from Tkinter import * ... def sendFoo: ...
    (comp.lang.python)