Re: What micros do you actually hate to work with?

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 00:13:57 GMT, I wrote:

On 14 Oct 2006 17:07:17 -0700, "Isaac Bosompem" <x86asm@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Here is what I get from Visual Studio .NET 2003 (x86), speed
optimization is on:

I do it with 21 (0x15) bytes on the x86. Just to provide a number,
for now.

Jon

In case it isn't clear to others, though, both Isaac's VS.NET example
and the one I am imagining assume parameters passed on the x86 stack.
This isn't always a necessary approach, as compilers may certainly
define the case where a certain small number of parameters can be
passed in registers and only spilled to memory if addresses need to be
taken. However, I am comparing apples to apples with the 21 byte
figure here. Both Isaac's and my example assume parameters passed on
the stack. My code would be shorter still, otherwise.

Jon
.