Rationale behind the Modebits
- From: kishore.ln@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 27 Oct 2006 06:32:18 -0700
The mode bits of ARM7 in CPSR are of 5 bit width when the processor is
capable of operating in one of the 7 modes.
I would like to know what is the rationale behind using 2 additional
bits instead of going only for 3 bits(that can represent max of 8
Has it got to do with anything related to simpler implementation logic
or is it for any particular historic reasons associated with ARM
- Prev by Date: Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK
- Next by Date: Re: Pyserial access probs
- Previous by thread: Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK
- Next by thread: Atmel Dataflash (AT45DB642) anyone experienced stuck bits?