Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK

Hi

Im new to ARM9 processors and have the following problem: i want to run
any executable code (that i can change) on my plattform.
So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. Then i tried to download it
as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT then load the
DataflashBoot.bin then load the u-boot to the dataflash. So far OK, can
see the u-boot image at position c0008000. When i then press '3' it says
like the u-boot hangs (i expect at least to see u-boot starting up and
display a prompt).
I'm using u-boot 1.1.4 and have set TEXT_BASE to 0x21F00000. Also defined
the 2 defines as stated in the atmel introduction.
Anyone knows what's going wrong??

I'm using GNU-toolchain and Eclipse.
Another question is about that DataflashBoot which is actually working
fine. The source code is there as well but i found no makefile, so i'm not
able to compile it. Anyone any idea where i can get it??

thanks & kind regards
Renate

  • Re: Starting Bootloader at AT91RM9200-EK
    ... run any executable code on my plattform. ... So i found the Denx u-boot and can compile it. ... download it as stated on the atmel page by setting the jumper to INT ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: what should i see in ngw100s serial port in the first boot (using buildroot)?
    ... thing you see to be the U-boot prompt. ... First thing worth doing would be checking your serial link. ... 115200 8N1 and disable modem control and flow control until you can see ... then perhaps you need to load the U-boot that you build ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Load VmLinux via VxWorks Loader
    ... also use virtual memory in his ELF header? ... In other word can I load U-Boot via the VxWorks loader in order to ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: Amtel SAM9 "boot from NAND" is a myth?
    ... are probably better of by putting also u-boot and u-boot environment ... While the ROM bootloader supports the 25xx series "dataflash" parts we ... serial-flash applets so that they can all erase a region of flash. ... use the NAND flash for everything except bootstrap. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: U-Boot
    ... >>DataFlash uses SPI, a serial interface. ... >>intents and purposes) a 1-bit interface to the CPU. ... >And there is the Atmel's at91.com site with many boards using U-Boot ... Sector Start Addresses: ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)