Re: LCD display Busy Flag

Using a timer also simplifies the code (no need to toggle I/O direction
bits), and you won't need the R/W signal, saving an I/O pin.

You guys have not hit any display freeze problems yet. Remember the
controller is a micro and can also go "nuts" for any of the reasons that
any micro can. If you treat this as a write only memory, you have
absolutley no indication whether your data is being written to the display
or not. Using the busy bit provides you with a little more confidence that
the system is working. If the display fails to go ready within a
pre-determined time period, you can try to reset the display through
software by re-initializing, and failing that (provided you have enough
foresight to include it in the hardware design), by cycling the power to
the display since it does not have a reset line.
-Aubrey

  • Re: How to reset service reminder for 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK320?
    ... With the display in the "default" normal driving position, ... Use the arrow up/down command on your steering wheel to change your ... screen on your cluster until you see the "Services A/B" indicator on ... press and hold the reset nob for at least 3 seconds. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: Heart Beat Counter Circuit
    ... for my basic electronics design class. ... reset the count every 60 seconds and restart the counter ... I've got a heart rate pulse going into the counter for 15 ... connect the counter up to a three-digit digital display ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Joker Poker Display
    ... look for corrosion on the silver contacts inside the ... As for the the Extra Ball light, that could be a shorted lamp driver ... sometimes garbage gets stored and this will reset it. ... except for the display. ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Respect
    ... Set the limit to reset the limiter or set the detector to detect one. ... don't choose one for choice and decide for truth and do not limit onedetect destruction at set to reset detection as creation ... form set to reset detection and display all symbols not infinity ... #5 is a stack trace in this system to list first ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)