Re: serial port to PCMCIA converter

safetran wrote:

Anyone have any experience with PCMCIA-to-serial port adapters?

Look at "";

I have this one.

It supports Linux, though since it's a 32 bit CardBus card, DOS probably doesn't work with it. You really want to find a super-old 16 bit PCMCIA card.

The Sealevel PCMCIA cards support DOS, according to the Sealevel site, "";

It's unlikely that you'd ever get a USB to Serial port adapter to work with DOS.

Personally, now I'm careful to only buy laptops with a serial port. They are still available.

I suspect that most 16 bit cards would work with DOS applications.