Re: U-Boot Vs LILO Vs Umon
- From: Alain Mosnier <alain.mosnier@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:43:43 GMT
Which is better to use with Linux on a customised arm board?Generally I would recommend U-Boot because I have a good experience with it. However I haven't used other bootloaders.
Uboot or LILO or Umon .
One point to check is what boards similar to yours the bootloader is already ported to, since this has an impact on the effort you will have to put into getting it up and running. For U-Boot, you can check that in the "board" sub-tree of the U-Boot source-code tree. A related issue is obviously whether the bootloader is ported to the processor you are using. For U-Boot, that would be in the "cpu" sub-tree.
I know RedBoot is also ported to some ARM CPUs.
- Prev by Date: Re: OTP Secure Digital ?
- Next by Date: Re: another bizarre architecture
- Previous by thread: Development of a distributed system based on firewire- advice needed...
- Next by thread: Re: another bizarre architecture