Re: U-Boot Vs LILO Vs Umon

Hi,

karthikbg wrote:
Which is better to use with Linux on a customised arm board?
Uboot or LILO or Umon .

Generally I would recommend U-Boot because I have a good experience with it. However I haven't used other bootloaders.

One point to check is what boards similar to yours the bootloader is already ported to, since this has an impact on the effort you will have to put into getting it up and running. For U-Boot, you can check that in the "board" sub-tree of the U-Boot source-code tree. A related issue is obviously whether the bootloader is ported to the processor you are using. For U-Boot, that would be in the "cpu" sub-tree.

I know RedBoot is also ported to some ARM CPUs.

Best regards,

Alain

  • Re: SDRAM data bus width & linux
    ... proprietary supervivi bootloader, ... However, U-boot seems to be ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • What does this cast do?
    ... If curious, this code is in local_bus_init, in the u-boot ... bootloader for linux for a ppc proccessor. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: source code
    ... >> WHere can i find the source code for the bootloader? ... GRUB? ... Lilo? ... U-Boot? ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)