Re: MSP-FET430UIF, IAR Kickstart: "Failed to initialize device"

We have two MSP430 development setups using:

- the IAR Kickstart 3.42 for TI MSP430
- the USB Debugging Interface MSP-FET430UIF
- the target: MSP430F1612

One of them works fine, we're able to compile and debug.

One the other, we can compile but we can't debug/execute. We're getting
these messages:

Failed to initialize device
Failed to load debugee

Is IAR KickStart sensitive to the Windows version? The one setup which
works is on Windows XP, the one which doesn't is Windows 2000.

Marius Hancu

  • Re: MSP-FET430UIF, IAR Kickstart: "Failed to initialize device"
    ... we're able to compile and debug. ... we can compile but we can't debug/execute. ... Is IAR KickStart sensitive to the Windows version? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: MSP-FET430UIF, IAR Kickstart: "Failed to initialize device"
    ... we're able to compile and debug. ... we can compile but we can't debug/execute. ... Is IAR KickStart sensitive to the Windows version? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: WindowsXP development using msvc .net 2003
    ... On Windows, it seems like you have to compile a custom version of python and then compile my plugin against the debug version of python. ... Microsoft feels free to change calling conventions and layouts of some essential data structures between releases of their C/C++ compilers, and depending upon whether the debug flag is on. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Why 64bit Delphi compiler from Borland may be meaningless!
    ... Wayne Niddery wrote: ... > Windows, you'll compile and debug as before, but the compiled code will be ... I can confirm that if I compile my existing win32 sourced code on ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Make a limited XP account without losing settings?
    ... ports to Windows have largely failed because some not so ... gEDA does what every CAD does, ... populist *ubuntu advertising has produced a heap of Linux users ... compile their applications and have control over the app's runtime ...
    (sci.electronics.design)