Re: Gcc for AVR

On Mar 30, 6:41 pm, marco belli <elcab...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
I'm a Linux user and gcc fan.
At work I,m programming AVR ATMEGA128 using icc-avr and then loading the
program to the board using MEGALOAD program.

I'd like to try using gcc to compile my program.
I have followed the instruction found in "AVR Libc Home Page" to compile my
program and I have compiled the HEX file.
Can i use this file whit windows and MEGALOAD?
where cai i find a good guide,tutorial/how-to to switch from windows build
system to a new linux based one?

In linux, you can use 'avrdude' to program the .hex file into the AVR.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/avrdude

  • Re: Microcontrollers, USB and Linux
    ... Ok, you want AVR. ... Just the option of using a USB hub?). ... I don't believe it's possible to develop under Linux, ... brain-dead architecture with limited capabilities (RAM bankswitching, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Gcc for AVR
    ... I'm a Linux user and gcc fan. ... At work I,m programming AVR ATMEGA128 using icc-avr and then loading the ... I'd like to try using gcc to compile my program. ... Can i use this file whit windows and MEGALOAD? ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: [SLE] new v9.2 is out
    ... > I've often thought that getting a gcc-based setup on linux for ... I've done a few projects with AVR and I find them much superior to PIC's; modern core, one assembly language and plenty of features. ... GCC was ported a while back and plenty of linux based dev tools can be found here: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: disk on chip 2000
    ... DOC is only really any use in a system where you want to load up an OS uisng ... a bootloader contained in the DOC, like Linux or WinCE. ... will have a proprietry OS in the AVR so doesnt need these facilities. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)