Re: Making faceplate labels with inkjet

In article <1175610681.513185.154180@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"larwe" <zwsdotcom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 3, 9:20 am, Dave Boland <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Due to a number of reasons I would like to print the faceplate using our
inkjet printer. Does anyone have a suggestion for media that will work

Inkjet != durable because the inks are water-soluble. You could try
the printable transparencies, and print a reversed image on the back.
It's probably easier to use printable self-adhesive paper stock and
spray the finished panel with varnish.

For my prototypes, I cover the faceplate with clear packaging tape.

Al

  • Re: Making faceplate labels with inkjet
    ... inkjet printer. ... Inkjet!= durable because the inks are water-soluble. ... the printable transparencies, and print a reversed image on the back. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Making faceplate labels with inkjet
    ... inkjet printer. ... Inkjet!= durable because the inks are water-soluble. ... the printable transparencies, and print a reversed image on the back. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Decal Making
    ... Since the inkjet printer inks are ... decals are transparent due to the nature of the inks used. ... The white areas will be transparent, ...
    (rec.models.scale)
  • Re: Decal Making
    ... decals are transparent due to the nature of the inks used. ... The white areas will be transparent, ... thinking that one might make do with an inkjet printer by doing it in two ...
    (rec.models.scale)
  • Re: Why Is Printer RGB When Inks Are CMKY?
    ... > I don't get why "the literature" all says inkjet printers are RGB devices. ... They made this decision in part because the CMYK used by the printers is ... ink in an inkjet printer is not pure cyan; ... will not match what you see on the screen, because the inks don't match. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)