Low Dhrystone score on Tricore TC1796
- From: bfroemel@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 02:14:25 -0700
I am doing the Dhrystone benchmark on a TC1796A microcontroller from
Infineon with different compilers (TASKING, Hightec-RT GNU GCC). Both
compilers are set to produce highest speed optimized code, still I
only get about 15 DMIPs with GNU GCC and about 20 DMIPs with TASKING.
CPU is running at 150MHz, 75MHz system clock, programs run from
external SRAM; no difference (as it should be) with or without
connected Lauterbach Debugger.
TASKING performs probably better because of the optimized libc, still:
the difference is big and it seems overall very low compared in DMIPs
per MHz (0.1 DMIPs per MHz) to other microcontrollers: e.g. Freescales
MPC555 where DMIPs per MHz are at least over 1.
In fact my readings are so low that I think I either misconfigured
something profoundly wrong or my board design is broken.
Has anyone done similar tests or has any comments?
- Prev by Date: ?Hi Hi Hi.....ARE YOU Searching for Happiness
- Next by Date: IBM-CAD (was Re: Guy Macon on Real-Time Operating Systems)
- Previous by thread: ?Hi Hi Hi.....ARE YOU Searching for Happiness
- Next by thread: Re: Low Dhrystone score on Tricore TC1796